This was made with a simple pattern from a jelly roll that I had sitting in my closet for way too long. The blocks were actually fun to make, but as I was stitching them together, I wasn't 'seeing' how they'd look all together.
Even when I placed them on my design wall, I wasn't feeling it. What I did feel was that I had wasted a lot of money for the fabric and a lot of time for the construction, all for not. I typically lean towards bright, vivid, vibrant colors in my quilts, and this pastel was, well, just too pastel for my tastes!
But then I put the sashing on, using Kona Snow. And then I quilted fun, dancing feathers across in an edge-to-edge pattern. And suddenly, voila! I laid it out, stood back to take a look, and now I really, really liked it. Go figure!
Since it's summer and we're taking a trip of a lifetime soon and I won't be able to quilt much this month, I've chosen this as my OMG goal. I'll get that binding on there and it will be all set to go to a good home :)
Quilting with a smile,
Linking up with: